DUE TO THE COVID-19 OUTBREAK, THE J.W. EVANS PE CENTER IS CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
* SUMMER HOURS (remote) - The Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Belonging, and Title IX works to be inclusive and responsive to the needs of our students. As such, we will be available Monday through Thursday 7:30 - 5:00 PM with a reduced staff on Fridays. This schedule will begin on May 21, 2021, and end on August 13, 2021. Reporting to the Title IX office can be done through BIT reports or Campus Security 24/7.
The J.W. Evans Physical Education Center on the Harrisburg Campus features:
- exercise science and physical education classes
- intramural sports
- informal recreational opportunities
Learn about the Evans PE Center below or call (717) 780-2529.
When is the Evans PE Center open?
Below are hours of operation for the Evans PE Center. The weight room closes 30 minutes before the building.
Semester hours (hours will be posted when the schedule is finalized)
- May 31, 2021 - Memorial Day
- September 4-6, 2021 - Labor Day
- November 25-28, 2021 - Thanksgiving holiday
- December 24, 2021-January 2, 2022 - Winter holiday
- January 17, 2022 - Martin Luther King Jr Birthday
- April 17, 2022 - College closed
- May 20, 2022 - Memorial Day
- July 4, 2022 - Independence Day
Am I eligible to use the Evans PE Center?
You may use the Evans PE Center if you:
- Have a valid HACC ID
- Student - registered in the current semester (summer access - must be registered in summer and/or fall)
- Faculty/Staff - must have HACC ID
- Alumnus - must have a current Alumni card
What parts of the Evans PE Center can I use?
If you have a valid HACC ID, you can use the:
- Weight room
- Racquetball court
- Field - Soccer field is off-limits - field closest to Blocker is available for use
- Tennis courts - 2 courts are open for use
- Putting green
- Sand volleyball court
- Sidewalk track
Can I bring a guest?
You may bring one guest or your immediate family.
All guests must:
- Have a photo ID
- Stay in the same area as their sponsors
- Be at least 18 years old to enter/use the Fitness Center
What is a valid HACC ID?
A valid HACC ID has the current semester sticker on it. You must have a valid HACC ID to use the Evans PE Center. HACC does not make any exceptions.
- Give your current HACC ID to the front desk attendant. Pick up your HACC ID before you leave.
- You must use your current HACC ID to use sporting goods.
How can I get a valid HACC ID?
- If you are a student or faculty/staff, visit the Welcome Desk at the Cooper Student Center.
- If you are an alumnus, contact the Alumni Office.
Is there a dress code?
You must dress appropriately for the activity. You must wear shoes at all times. You may not have bare feet.
Below are the dress codes for the fitness center, gymnasium, and pool area.
Fitness center and gymnasium
You must wear:
- Sneakers at all times. You may not wear sandals, dress shoes, boots or hard-sole shoes.
- Appropriate workout clothes. This includes shorts, sweatpants, and t-shirts. You may not wear jeans or clothing with rivets.
- A shirt must be worn at all times.
You must wear:
- A bathing suit. You may not wear cut-off jeans.
HACC permits bathing caps. We do not require you to wear one.
What are the rules for the Evans PE Center?
- No food, gum or drinks, except in the lobby area. HACC permits only covered water bottles in the rest of the facility.
- Keep your personal belongings in a locker. You must supply your own lock. Register your lock at the front desk if you are leaving your belongings overnight.
- You may have to forfeit your privileges if you misuse your ID card, conduct yourself improperly or abuse equipment/rules.