We provide wellness opportunities for HACC students, faculty and staff members. Wellness activities help develop student life outside of the classroom.
*HACC recommends you check with your doctor before beginning an exercise program.*
Virtual Wellness classes are being offered RIGHT NOW! Check the Wellness Calendar for classes and events.
(Click link above for the monthly schedule and locations, i.e. Zoom links)
Tuesdays - Energizing Cardio & Muscle Toning at 12 pm
Tuesdays - Yoga at 5 pm (Gain more flexibility and balance)
Wednesdays - T'ai Chi at 12 pm (Perform the peaceful movement of T'ai Chi)
Do you need mental health support? HACC is here for you, click here to find the resources available to you.
Below are resources on prescription, tracking and other important aspects of exercise.
- Aim for a Healthy Weight —Offers ways to help you achieve a wealthy weight and/or lifestyle. These include interactive quizzes, guides to physical activity and suggestions for healthy grocery shopping.
- Body Mass Index (BMI) Calculator —Provides information and resources to determine your BMI, understand it and achieve a healthy weight.
- Fitness Calculators —Help you determine your caloric needs, race pace and other aspects of maintaining an active lifestyle.
- Map My Run —Enables you to plot out new walking or running routes. You can log your workouts and share all of it with your friends.
- Physical Activity Calculator —Calculates the estimated calories you can burn for performing different physical activities.
- Active Training Log —Is a free online training log. It includes tools to map out new walking/running routes.
Below is information on good dietary habits. It includes how to incorporate them into your life.
- Healthier US —Provides credible, accurate information to help you choose healthier options in life.
- Healthy Dining Finder —Allows you to search for dietitian-approved menu items. These range from fast food to fine-dining establishments. It also includes information on how they determine which foods are approved.
- Nutrition.Gov —Provides a variety of nutrition information. This information can help you make decisions for a healthier life.
Below is information on stress and sleep. It includes how you can overcome stress. It also includes how to minimize the effect of stress on your livelihood.
- Help Guide —Offers information on how to reduce, prevent and cope with stress.
- Mind Tools —Provides information to help you deal with job-related stress. It also includes how to overcome stress in a range of situations.
- National Sleep Foundation —Offers information on healthy sleep and what can affect it.
* SUMMER HOURS - The Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Belonging, and Title IX works to be inclusive and responsive to the needs of our students. As such, we will be available Monday through Thursday 7:30 - 5:00 PM with a reduced staff on Fridays. This schedule will begin on May 21, 2021, and end on August 13, 2021. Reporting to the Title IX office can be done through BIT reports or Campus Security 24/7.